Thursday, February 12, 2015

Desperation Day !!

                 Heya Everybody ! So I have been toying with the Idea of writing a Blog, the problem was I didn't know what to write about Should it be a food blog , A restaurant review blog, A book review blog or movie review blog , A poetry blog or simply a blog ... so I thought and I thought and I thought some more and decided that my blog should be just like me as diverse and as confused ...so here you have Things I do ! A blog that will have everything from a recipe and photos and poems and just thing in general  .. 
             So today is 13th February A.K.A a day before Valentines Day  A.K.A The Desperation Day All my How I Met Your Mother fans can I get a Hi5 ? For all those who did not get the reference Barney Stinson - The Most Epic TV Character ever written until Tyrion Lannister came into being , Enlightened us lesser privileged about the glorious and beautiful Desperation Day Designed solely to fulfill the needs of every woman alone on the Valentines Day  Click on the link to know about history of Desperation Day. Now being a Single woman on Valentines Day I know your plight believe me i understand and unlike you I can't even claim to be with my family cause 14th Feb marks the wedding anniversary of my Mom and Dad  !see even they have a reason to celebrate valentines day ! And this is why we celebrate Desperation Day ! Honestly speaking Desperation day makes more sense than Valentines Day .. You wanna know why alright here you go !
            See on Valentines day all of us wake up snorting estrogen, on a naturally generated Ecstasy hangover . Everywhere you look you're gonna find couples canoodling with teddy bears and chocolates and heart balloons staring at you from Archies window , you are bound to be annoyed almost teary eyed .. In the spirit of holiday and consumed with these hormones, marinating our brains with  3 hours of Saainyaan , Teri Divani and Tum se hi  , We are tormented by our happy in a relationship sisters  and their good looking misters !  I am kidding of course you chose to fall in love and I chose a big tub of Amul chocolate chip ice-cream smothered in Hershey syrup . But Desperation  day is our Day Hahahahahahhahahahhahhha!! it's the day for us single girls it's the day when we are hit upon ! We are treated as queens ! We are the Daenerys Targaryen and Robin Scherbatsky and it's our day ! We can shop all we like , drink make merry and have guys hitting on us and we can enjoy that 15 minutes of attention just the way you get on Valentines Day .
               Celebrating Valentines day in India is often a little dangerous cause you always have "guardians" of our culture with the idea of love being celebrated as it is against "Indian culture" so you cannot fall in love unless you're Radha and Krishna . Couples found together are often married of forcefully . This scenario becomes a little tricky for people like me who celebrate valentines day with their besties who are of opposite sex  eeikes !!! but luckily for us Desperation Day is here .. You can simply go out 13th of February meet up at PopTates share a beer and sizzlers click a few pictures and upload them on 14th February along with your friends who are dating .. and believe me you'd still be busy on valentines day every relative, nosy neighbor and friends are gonna call you to ask you if you are "finally" dating ! whatever that means ! I mean people you have been watching too much of Maine Pyar Kiya  -ladka-ladki dost ho sakte hai ! and of course no fear of getting beaten up as well cause technically it wasn't a date ! you just met up for dinner . 
                 And finally the best reason I love Desperation day is you don't have to look your best . Girls face it i know  what you go through finding the perfect dress red/black or pink, spending huge amount in the beauty parlors being threaded , Waxed , colored etc for the perfect night ! and guy i know the pressure of having to make that night perfect ! yeah none of that on the Desperation Day I mean seriously you could be in D-mart :p shopping for a few cans of Rio accai berry and a big packet of Lays Magic masala or Balaji chat chaska and you can have a guy help you reach the top shelf and make a conversation with you because you're wearing your favorite "winter is coming" hoodie . Why you ask "Desperation Day " homies . you're not trying to impress anybody it's a genuine conversation- keep your guard down -make a new friend ! 
                 So there you have it Valentines Day V/S Desperation Day . And people in no ways am i trying to say that Single people are better than couples . It's just a funny article I wrote because I can!! if you are in a relationship with someone please celebrate valentines show your beloved how much you love them ! show the world how much you love each other just spread the love in this war infected hatred filled world ! And my single ladies it's 13th February which I have just realized is Friday the 13th So do what i am doing channel your inner Beyonce get all your single sisters and party ! have a pajama party get loads of ice-cream and dance on single ladies !! 
                   All of that aside I do wish all of you a very happy Valentines day I hope cupid strikes you right in the heart . And if you like this blog please share it and read it and subscribe it and i promise to bring many more of these every week and tell you about more things I do ! until then Chio my buddies !
-Srushty Kamble 
              
            

No comments:

Post a Comment